Karmel Sakran, Lawyer
I am a life-long resident of Burlington and the son of a grocer, carrying with me a legacy of hard work and commitment of service to our clients.
I started my legal career in a Bay Street office tower, working on appellate matters pending before the Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada. Shortly thereafter, I made the life choice to live and work in my community of Burlington which led me to Green Germann LLP, as it was then known.
I am proud to have had the great mentorship of our founders, Gordon Germann (retired), the late Blair Green and Don Green (retired). Our founders’ legacy of excellence in law and service to clients remains today and embedded in the culture of Green Germann Sakran (GGS).
GGS LAW is a full service law firm providing legal services in the areas of Real Estate, Corporate Law, Wills and Estates, Family Law, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury.
Giving our time and treasure to the community has been a long-standing tradition of GGS LAW, even before it was fashionable for law firms to do so.
That is what differentiates us and why GGS LAW continues to sponsor it’s:
- 16th Annual Wills & Powers of Attorney Event
- 14th Annual Canada Day Run\Walk Event
As for me, my community involvements are:
- Current Board member of the Hamilton Burlington Brantford YMCA;
- Past Board Chair of the Halton Learning Foundation;
- Past Board member of Joseph Brant Hospital;
- Past Campaign Chair of the United Way (Burlington);
- Electoral Candidate for Provincial Parliament in 2011;
- Founding Board member of The Carpenter Hospice; and,
- Rotary Club member (23 years) and Paul Harris fellow recipient
Through these activities, GGS LAW has contributed to the betterment of our community by providing much needed financial support to many local charities, youth organizations and community services.
Did I mention that I host the www.scotchfridays.ca podcast? Tune in and listen every Friday.