Karmel is the managing partner of the law firm of GREEN GERMANN SAKRAN (GGS) that provides legal services in the areas of Real Estate, Corporate Law, Wills and Estates, Family Law, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury.
Karmel was raised in Burlington and graduated from University of Windsor Law School and was called to the bar in 1995. Karmel returned to Burlington in 1995 where he has raised his family and established his legal career with the highly regarded, Halton law firm Green Germann.
Karmel’s father a Burlington grocer, and his mother gave him a valuable legacy - one Karmel passes on to his own children and shares with his clients. The legacy of solid work ethic, -service and sacrifice - with a strong commitment to community service that Karmel’s parents demonstrated through the sincere care they gave to others. Karmel leads as his father and mother did, by example, exemplifying these values in all he accomplishes, for clients, for his community and his family.
Karmel's area of practice focuses on providing his clients with the highest caliber of service, whether one is buying, selling or re-financing a home, restructuring a business or planning to leave a legacy with estate planning or probate. Karmel is accessible and takes the complexity out of the legal process and puts people at ease. His clients experience a standard excellence and care, at reasonable rates.
Karmel upholds his legacy and the traditions established by Green Germann. His most notable contributions to community are:
- Two annual GGS led fundraisers benefiting The Carpenter Hospice, Joseph Brant Hospital, United Way, Community Living Burlington, The Halton Learning Foundation, The Burlington Humane Society and The Compassion Society.
- Past Chair of the Halton Learning Foundation
- 2011 Provincial Liberal candidate for Burlington.
- Five years on the Board of Joseph Brant Hospital.
- Advocate for provincial funding of Joseph Brant Hospital
- Founding board member of The Carpenter Hospice
- Chair of Burlington’s 2010-2011 United Way Campaign raising a record setting amount of $2.2 million
- Rotarian and Paul Harris fellow recipient
- Sponsor of Annual Canada Day Run Walk
- Wills and Powers of Attorney Event